Generic issues with Waste
Generic issues with Landfills
Leachate is a liquid that is formed when the waste decays. Rainfall percolating through the waste will dissolve soluble components of the waste, but leachate will also contain in-solubles such as oils and small particles. It has to be monitored as it can be toxic and cause damage to the surrounding environment if it is not treated correctly.
Leachate production is an inevitable consequence of the landfilling of wastes, it is a process that can last for a number of decades, possibly in excess of 100 years on larger contained sites.
Landfill gas is a by-product generated from the decomposition of biodegradable wastes such as household waste. The major constituents of landfill gas are methane (CH4) and carbon dioxide (CO2).
Typically 45% – 65% of landfill gas is methane. At certain concentrations a mixture of methane or hydrogen may ignite causing fires or explosions.
Our value proposition:
- Financially sound
- Environmentally friendly
- Societally valid
ICONS holds the international distribution and implementation rights for the latest state of the art Waste To Energy (W2E) technology. It is sustainable, non-polluting, profitable & leading edge Green W2E Power Generation utilising unique, innovative & revolutionary technology.
The W2E technology is fully protected by international patents and we will continue to ensure future R&D security and competitive advantages.
In the implementation process ICONS will provide an infrastructure that is distributed to meet community and local needs thereby aiming to increase the efficiency of the electrical power we generate by up to 33% and maximising the potential of the Combined Heat & Power (CHP) capabilities of the installed W2E plants up to 89%.
ICONS will lead the power generation market by being the first to:
- transform 100% of waste into energy and valuable products;
- sell all of the products output from the installed W2E plants, as well as;
- delivering maximum value financially, environmentally, societally and proven.
The above can be delivered in and environmentally friendly landscaped W2E Power Plant layout that integrates perfectly and in full harmony with urban and residential areas as indicated below:
Key Facts – CSR Environment:
Key Facts – CSR Society:
Revenue & Profit Opportunities:
ICONS provides revenue & profit opportunities both upstream and downstream:
- Waste – revenues from collection/acceptance for disposal
- Recycled Materials – revenue from recycled material sale
- Electrical Power – suppliers subject to statutory renewables obligation until 31 March 2027
- Thermal Energy – district heating/cooling, sanitary hot water, water desalination plants
- Water – for sale to industry or retail
- Hydrogen Gas (H2) – for sale to industry
- Carbon Dioxide Gas (CO2) – for sale to industry
- Aggregates – for sale to industry (e.g. cement additives and road construction)
- Carbon Credits – for sale on the carbon credit market
For more information please e-mail email@example.com.