Ras Al Khaimah (RAK)
High Definition (HD)
Objective: To attract more people to Ras Al Khaimah!
1. By increasing the number of tourists (both staying and visiting)
2. By increasing the number of business visitors (including investors)
3. By attracting commerce and industry to establish themselves in Ras Al Khaimah
4. By encouraging take-up of residency
5. By enabling global exposure of the benefits of Ras Al Khaimah
Figures produced by Ras Al Khaimah say that the current population is around 200,000. RAK is looking to increase this to 750,000 over the next ten years; within this number RAK expects to have around 350,000 high net worth permanent residents.
How Icons can support Ras Al Khaimah in ensuring effective delivery of the Emirates objective.
1. ICONS will produce a one hour television documentary, filmed in Full High Definition (HDTV) that will showcase the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah. The documentary will include the following subjects but not be limited to:
- Wildlife & Environment
- The Future
2. ICONS will market the documentary to a number of major TV Channels and Film Distributors around the world, including but not limited to:
- American and Pan Global TV Networks (ie: Discovery Channel HD, NBC, TLC)
- UK and European TV Networks
- Middle East and Asia TV Channels
Ras Al Khaimah makes for a fascinating television documentary subject with its diversity, history and young, energetic Ruler together with its dynamic ambitions for sustainable and balanced growth. Much effort has been undertaken to raise the worlds awareness of the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah and the success of these efforts are clearly bearing fruit, it is now time to elevate those efforts to even greater levels and enable a global audience to experience the sheer beauty and dynamism that is Ras Al Khaimah and putting the Emirate where it truly belongs on the world tourism map.
A personal story
Shaikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi, Ruler of the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
This is a documentary for the western world, a documentary that shows not just the region that is Ras Al Khaimah, but also shows the people, the culture and the developing opportunities that are Ras Al Khaimah. A very important part of the story is having the most important family of Ras Al Khaimah, the dynamic ruler Shaikh Saud Bin Saqr Al Qasimi tell us his own story, to show us Ras Al Khaimah in his own words and share his own personal views of his country
and his people. To go out with our camera crew and meet the people who live and work in this very special place.
- We will showcase the amazing natural beauty of Ras Al Khaimah from the air, land and sea; including below the waves!
- The documentary will take time to explore the stunning beauty of the Hajar Mountains.
- Ras Al Khaimah is also famous for it’s underwater diving and we will send underwater High Definition (HD) cameras down to one of the most famous wreck sites just off the coast.